Thursday 23 September 2010

More Kudos to Tony & Platoon 20

.
Order figs on the East Riding Miniatures webstore around midnight and they are in the post the next day. Government Paras are now on my workbench being painted in 1970's chic Denison smock ('59 pattern).


Platoon20 Post-War
Falklands Brit Paras Advancing P-B9

The Denison smock was withdrawn from the Parachute Regiment between 1976/ and '78, being replaced by a DPM pattern smock which retained the classic ribbed wooly cuffs and collar. However, for our purposes the '59 pattern SCREAMS 1970's and makes a bold statement about these being hard-nosed government troops.


Should have these minis finished sometime over the weekend - I'm off to iron my best balaclava tonight as I'm meeting Chris Ryan tomorrow - yes, seriously - a black kit and bow-tie event.

Cheers
Mark
.

2 comments:

  1. collar him and get him to write the book Mark! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Not a bad idea! But I thought Jordan wrote his books?

    I'm going to ask him to sign both Editions of Scudbusters! and Cold War 83 if he's feeling pally.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete